MSC Industrial Supply Co. Account Representative - Traverse City in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 92
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Grand Rapids, MI
State or Province : Michigan (US-MI)
Potential Work Location : United States : Michigan : Grand Rapids
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
· Sells MSC products with a focus on both metalworking and MRO related supplies and services.
· Ensure the achievement of individual and company sales and profit goals by fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their sales position.
· Responsible for visiting and interacting with established and prospective customers under close supervision.
· Ability to leverage MSC’s Value Basket Offering to Customer base to include Competitive Advantage Program (CAP), Customer Managed Inventory (CMI), and Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI), other newly introduced inventory solutions and web based solutions.
· Studies MSC’s products/services, sales techniques, and culture, under close guidance of the manager.
· Ensures growth of sales identifies and develops under close guidance new prospects and grows business to contribute to the achievement of company sales goals.
· Responds to customer needs, under manager’s guidance, consistent with MSC’s standards, culture, and business practices.
· Demonstrates teamwork to ensure achievement of team and company sales goals.
· Maintains sales records and generates relevant market/sales reports for MSC’s management as needed.
· Monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Takes corrective action as needed.
· Develops a personal business plan and opportunity funnel under close management supervision to establish personal annual goals.
· Fosters the MSC Culture in the branch and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s Mission.
· Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· A High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
· An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
· 0-2 years outside sales experience is required.
· Relevant military machining experience is applicable.
· Applicable knowledge of the Metalworking Product Areas (Cutting Tools, Carbide, etc.) is required.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
· Basic computer literacy desired.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
· Position requires daily local travel within branch or market territory.
· Occasional overnight travel is also required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.