MSC Industrial Supply Co. Account Executive in Little Rock, Arkansas
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 796
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Little Rock, AR
State or Province : Arkansas (US-AR)
Potential Work Location : United States : Arkansas : Little Rock
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Customer Success Sales Consultant, Level III works to improve MSC’s market position and achieve revenue and profit growth within Mid-Market customers ($500,000-$5,000,000 potential). The Customer Success Consultant, Level III will be assigned a portfolio of $1M -$2M in annual revenue with, a majority of, Mid-Market customers in the penetration stage of their life-cycle. The Customer Success Consultant, Level III aligns with MSC’s long-term strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. The Customer Success Consultant, Level III will collaborate with the internal team and managers to increase sales opportunities to maximize revenue. The Customer Success Consultant, Level III will utilize account planning tools, prescriptive analytics and research from marketing to teach customer something new and compelling about their business that leads to MSC’s differentiated solutions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Offers unique perspective - Aligns our unique insights to key customer priorities, reframing the way customers view their business. Consistently shares newsworthy insights about the market, educating them on new issues and outcomes, and helping them avoid potential landmines. Embraces tension in commercial conversations.
· Drives two-way communication - Engages the customer by deliberately linking their business priorities to our value proposition. Engages in dialogue with customers, constructively creating tension to help the customer learn something new. Surprises the customer with insight. Delivers insight convincingly and with authority.
· Leverages Individual Value Drivers - Understands and influence a wide range of customer stakeholders. Develops a distinct strategy for engaging critical stakeholders. Consistently demonstrates an ability to link supplier capabilities to specific, individual stakeholder objectives. Is comfortable including stories or more qualitative aspects to a commercial conversation.
· Incorporates Economic Drivers - Has a deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities. Demonstrates knowledge of the customer’s industry in context of the current market climate. Can make informed inferences about a customer business based on understanding of the market or competitors.
· Establishes value before ROI/financial terms - Qualifies and quantifies the impact of maintaining the status quo or pursuing competitors' solutions. Quantifies value in terms of resolving an unrecognized problem or need, or costs of inaction. Rep's customers can articulate value proposition relative to competitive solutions.
· Drives Momentum - Proactively advances the purchase decision without rushing the customer. Rallies internal resources to ensure deal momentum. Collaborates with customers to define next steps, coaching customers through the buying process. Attempts to rely on key stakeholders/mobilizers to drive action between sales calls.
· Create constructive tension by reframing how the customer thinks about the business. Leverage data and facts from research, benchmark data and best demonstrated practices to introduce new ideas which challenges the status quo and shows the customer it is them costing more than they may realize.
· Tailor presentations and commercial insight specific to customer’s industry, company and contact. Match contacts personality and deliver relevant messaging based on current trends in their specific industry that will impact their business.
· Take control of the purchasing process by guiding the customer on next steps and anticipated roadblocks. Utilize best demonstrated practices regarding aligning stake-holders to drive consensus to your proposal.
· Identify and arm the mobilizer (influence and power beyond title) with toolkit to sell your solutions throughout their organization.
· Understand our customers’ value propositions and key business objectives regarding growth and profitability. Understand the customers and industries they serve and use this information to cross-sell and up-sell.
· Research and comprehend industry trends that will impact customer. Become very knowledgeable and recognized as a Trusted Advisor on the industries served by our customers and how MSC can partner with them to deliver better results.
· Customer Success Consultant, Level III will develop and maintain relationships with contacts that are users, influencers and decision makers. Customer Success Consultant, Level III will develop and maintain relationships with numerous contacts across different functional departments in each account.
· Team with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to deliver expertise and value relevant to specific categories of products and solutions.
· Deliver Costs Savings Documentation on a scheduled cadence to demonstrate value of differentiated services and solutions.
· Accurate, current management of content in funnel, win/loss, launch status, SFDC and other platforms for communicating business resource needs to the organization
· Professional development training will be completed in a timely manner as assigned. Examples include account planning, company supported training or SFA training.
· Learns and fosters the MSC culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
· Cleary demonstrates can-do attitude toward supporting new initiatives and programs designed to meet customer needs. Proactive problem-solving approach as necessary to overcome obstacles for customer compliance, growth and profitability.
· Participates in special projects and cross functional teams and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Distribution, Manufacturing or the equivalent experience is required.
· 2 years demonstrated track record of success in B2B sales is preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com experience
· Ability to teach customer something new and compelling about their business which leads to MSC differentiated solutions.
· Ability to create constructive tension to drive action from the customer.
· Ability to tailor messaging, presentation and proposal relevant to customer, industry and contact.
· Ability to take control of the purchasing process by guiding customer to next steps and educating them on best demonstrated practices and potential roadblocks.
· Ability to align all the stakeholders involved in the decision-making process to drive consensus to MSC solutions.
· Demonstrated track record of excellent sales, negotiation, relationship building and closing skills and techniques are required.
· Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software is required.
· Must have track record of meeting and exceeding agreed upon sales plan
· Solid history of decision making and taking accountability
· Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from systems
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills (oral and written) along with strong attention to detail and follow through required
· Strong ability to be flexible and adapt to change in business practices, market changes, etc.
· Self-motivated to meet specific sales goals
· Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
· Ability to learn manufacturing concepts and processes.
· Demonstration of competitive spirit and ability to overcome obstacles to success
· Excellent ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and effectively
· Teaching for Differentiation
· Tailoring for Resonance
· Taking Control
· Customer Focus
· Decision Quality
· Drives Results
· Develops Talent
· Communicates Effectively
· Instills Trust
· Action Oriented
· Manages Conflict
· Situational Adaptability
· A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.