MSC Industrial Supply Co. Inside Account Executive, Sandy Springs, GA in Norcross, Georgia
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
Requisition ID : 1964
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales Operations
Work Location : Norcross, GA
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Georgia : Norcross
Inside Account Executive, Sandy Springs
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
· The Inside Account Executive answers inbound calls to sell MSC products in accordance with MSC Culture and Customer Service Standards.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Exercises independent judgment to answer inbound calls to sell MSC products in accordance with MSC Culture and Customer Service Standards.
· Resolves customer product and service issues by providing sales-related solutions utilizing common and alternative sources of information. Consults with other associates to locate the most effective sources of information.
· Guides less experienced branch associates to resolve customer issues, increase product knowledge, and promote MSC Culture.
· Provides customer service in accordance with MSC standards to ensure customer satisfaction, account retention, and revenue generation.
· Communicates customer concerns to management to ensure the most effective and lasting problem resolution.
· Builds customer relationships via exceptional levels of service to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
· Works closely with vendors to produce quotes, expedite orders, locate sources for product, and arrange product training.
· Supports outside sales representative in various branch activities.
· Resolves more complex credit and collections issues to enhance customer service.
· Identify and upsell MSC products where applicable to satisfy customer needs.
· Recommend team sales process improvements to drive profitability for each customer order.
· Utilize WEBSOE and Salesforce.com software to increase sales and fuel customer satisfaction.
· Provides customer service using all tools available including, but not limited to, email and the Internet.
· Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s vision and unity of purpose.
· Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· A High School Diploma or the equivalent.
· 2+ years inbound/ outbound telephone sales, outside sales, or customer service experience required.
· Industry experience preferred.
· Computer literacy and proficiency with email, various internet browsers and/or the Windows operating system required.
· Knowledge of basic arithmetic and MSC-like products and the commercial procurement process is preferred.
· Excellent customer service and sales skills are required.
· The ability to work a varying schedule required.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are also required.
· A valid driver’s license is required.
· The ability to lift up to 50lbs may be required based on branch location (not all branches)
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.